Monday, June 27, 2011

The Office. - Commercial Critique #2

When I think of the office, the comical Steve Carrell comedy on NBC usually comes to mind. But after seeing this commercial entitled "Office" from the Mexican Insurance Institution Association, my brain will forever associate "office" with this thought-provoking advertisement. The shot is the same the entire time, a side view of a man sitting at a desk in his office late at night. It seems to be normal enough, until a loud crash leaves the man dead on the desk. The screen goes to black with text that reads "7 out of 10 car accidents happen when you are thinking of something else". I first saw it when we screened commercials in the grand auditorium and I was glad to see that it won a Gold Lion Film award under the Product & Service category for Banking, Investment, and Insurance. I can't tell you how many times my mind has wondered while I have been behind the wheel, as I am sure many of our minds have. The visuals, cinematography, and audio by Ogilvy Mexico makes the advertisement extremely striking and memorable. I feel as though this could be displayed as a public awareness campaign as well.

I can't find a video on YouTube, but here is the link to the Cannes website where the video can be viewed.

http://www.canneslions.com/work/film/entry.cfm?entryid=19098&award=2

No comments:

Post a Comment